Sunday, October 2, 2016

how to get a barangay certificate (of residence) or clearance


As in most of my informative blog entries, The first step I would always recommend is to perform a phone call to any public/private office you would like to create a transaction with. This step saves a lot of time and effort, 100% guaranteed!!! However, barangay office phone numbers are not usually published online so better ask your neighbors if you would be needing it for the first time. Also, consider saving this number in your personal address book since the barangay could be your nearest neighborhood friend when you need any help.


If you have a lot of free time, going directly to the barangay hall or office could be just a good walking exercise for you. Most offices are walking distance among their respective communities. Below is the picture of our old barangay hall which is a 15 minute walk from our house.


Old Barangay San Vicente Hall
With my experience last June 2015, I needed to get a barangay certificate for my postal ID application. I went directly to the barangay hall since I did not have access to their office phone number. I went to the hall and the clerk there handed me an application form which I inserted below.
Barangay Certificate/Clearance Application Form

Sadly, I was not able to get my certificate during my first visit because I did not have any authorized witness to prove my residency.  An authorized witness signature is required to prove that I was a bonafide resident of our barangay as shown in the application form. Hence, I took the application form and went to our area coordinator to have my form signed. This sample form could be used in other barangays too. The Commuity Tax Certificte (CTC) part is only optional.



On my second visit, I brought the accomplished form and the clerk immediately processed my request. What took some time was to wait for the authorized person to sign my certificate. I waited for around 15 minutes for the signatory since I did not want to come back again. I also paid a processing fee of 30 pesos.

Hope this helps!!!

1 comment:

  1. Harrah's Resort Atlantic City - MapyRO
    Harrah's Resort 안산 출장마사지 Atlantic City is 오산 출장마사지 a 김제 출장안마 popular 목포 출장안마 choice when it comes to accommodations, restaurants, and entertainment. The resort's 1,300 hotel rooms have Location: 9.2 Rating: 전라남도 출장마사지 4.4 · ‎1,254 reviews · ‎Price range: $$

    ReplyDelete