Thursday, October 20, 2016

Daily Gospel Reflections Oct 20, 2016

Conflict. How I always try to avoid it. Upon reading today's gospel, I suddenly feel guilty because there are indeed times when conflict is necessary. Especially in matters of faith, work, and values.

Unfortunately, I have this 'make everyone feel happy' or 'please everyone' concept, which I believe is the main culprint why I have always tried to avoid conflict. I know that this kind of thinking is impossible and unproductive as well. Another reason for my conflict avoidance may also just be my lack of self-confidence in facing the situation, which may be caused by underlying fears, etc.

Anyway, Lord, beyond all these excuses, I pray that you may grant me the strength and confidence to confront the conflicts in my life. It is usually hard when the confrontations may lead to drastic, unpredictable, and dreadful consequences. However, I know that if you are on my side these worries should be put to rest. AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment